March 8, 2019 is International Women’s Day. It is a day when we celebrate all that women have accomplished and is an important day for the women’s rights movement. The 2019 campaign theme is balance, specifically gender balance, and people are encouraged to take a picture facing the camera with arms bent, palms facing up and posting it to the hashtag #BalanceforBetter.
The Library has many books on the women’s movement. Here are a few that can help you celebrate International Women’s Day.
Women in science: 50 fearless pioneers who changed the world by Rachel Ignotofsky. Q 141 I33 2016
Women who dig: farming, feminism, and the fight to feed the world by Trina Moyles and K.J. Dakin. HD 6077 M69 2018
The glass ceiling in the 21st century: understanding barriers to gender equality by Manuela da Costa Barreto, Michelle K. Ryan and Michael T. Schmitt HD 6060 G63 2009
Malala’s magic pencil by Malala Yousafzai LC 2330 Y6825 2017
I can be anything!: don’t tell me I can’t by Diane Dillon PZ 7 D57917 Iak 2018
What is it?
LNAP stands for Long Night Against Procrastination. Still confused? One night each semester we bring together all the services that we think will help you succeed as a student here at MHC. We want to help you avoid procrastination and give you support to start (or finish!) all of your assignments and papers.
Who is it for?
LNAP is a college-wide event for all MHC students.
When is it?
Fall 2018 LNAP is happening Wednesday, October 10th from 5 pm. to midnight.
What can I expect?
- You can expect a fun, friendly atmosphere
- You can expect quick workshops filled with all kinds of success strategies
- You can expect stress release activities (hint: puppies and kitties)
- You can expect food and caffeine (another hint: pizza)
- You can expect help and support from Faculty, all staff including Advising, Library, IT, Peer Support, Writing Specialist, tutors in the ARC, Counselors and more
What do I need to do?
- Register now at LNAP Pre-Registration or register in person starting October 1 in the cafeteria or B-wing hallway (location changes depending on the day)
- Bring your student ID card
- Arrive at 5 and be ready to become a part of something big!
It’s up to you. Join in all of the activities or hunker down and get some work done. It’s all good. See you there!